Saturday, August 10, 2013

First Stitch Fix and Pics

I decided to take a stab at a clothing/style box.  It couldn't hurt too bad could it?  I signed up with Cake Style and Stitch Fix.  Cake Style has a waiting list (and their items are very expensive) Stitch Fix on the other hand had my box here within a week!  Stitch Fix requires a $20 styling fee and if you choose to keep an item, that fee is put toward the item or items you get.  You get 3 days to choose from the 5 items and send back your unwanted items...If you choose to buy everything you get a 25% discount.

So here is my Stitch Fix experience in pictures :)


The Box!


Inside you get a letter and item list.  Each piece of clothing comes with a nifty card that explains the item on one side and on the other they show you pictures of how to style the item.  (This is an EPIC feature for a girl like me who ends up with no time to figure what to put with what)


Olive Fit & Flare Ponte Dress by Black Swan
I really loved the color on this dress and the fabric was sturdy.  I'm doing my best to look, how can I say it,....'not awkward', because that is so how I felt.  It was definitely too short especially with such a huge flare.  Also, this dress was not made to accommodate women with broad shoulders.  I had to stand just right so that it wasn't apparent.  If I raised my arm even a little you would have seen mini batwings along with an eyeful of things you wouldn't want to see because that simple act hikes up the skirt of the dress another 2 and 1/2 inches.  If the shoulders were not such a snug fit that might not happen.  This will be in the return box.


Pascal Watercolor Rose Print Dress by Tulle
Ok...This dress is awesome.  Perfect color, great print, perfect fit, loving the high collar, feels great...But...I must have forgotten to mention in my style profile that I extremely dislike, I mean reaaally don't like, wrap dresses, skirts, shirts, whatever...I get it, they are perfect for my body type.  However, they are horrible for my mental health.  Everyone, apparently, can just grab their wrap dresses out of the closet, throw it on and go...easy, no fuss.   That's what I hear anyway.  My Mother started buying these when I was a teenager (and she LOVED this one btw) and I have spent hours trying to figure out which way went where and did I have it the right way.  It just isn't worth it.  If this dress came in the the same color, print, and cut sans the whole wrap part I'd love it.


Ivy Zig-Zag Print Tab-Sleeve Blouse by 41 Hawthorn
I was really surprised by this blouse.  I kind of liked it.  I loved how the back is longer than the front and I like that you can wear the sleeves 3 different ways.  The day I tried it on was very hot and humid out and the blouse was hot!  This one will be returned with the first two.


Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan by 41 Hawthorn
This was my favorite piece out of all the clothing items.  I love anything I can layer and easily take off if I get hot.  This is very high on my maybe list.


Diamond Shape Hammered Earrings by Rachel Eva
I was gushing over these earrings.  They are perfect and also make the maybe list.

That leaves me with the decision  of whether to get the Cardigan, the earrings, or both.


This is the item list with prices that you receive in your package it shows you the cost of each item and if you choose to buy all 5 pieces and gives you your total price - the styling fee and with the 25% off.

All in all it was a pretty neat experience.  I should probably make some style profile changes in hopes the next stitch fix will have more of what I'm looking for.




No comments:

Post a Comment